My Photo
Name:
Location: Fort Wayne, Indiana, United States

Monday, February 12, 2007

9/11 Hero

As I was making my way to class on September 11, 2001, I stopped by the bank. Concerned about the distraught look on my favorite teller face, I asked if anything was wrong. What she shared with me, at the moment, jolted me into total awareness. I was unwilling to process or accept that the World Trade Center Towers had been attacked and the Pentagon. The words were not enough to convince me that unthinkable had occurred. However, Jason Thomas, and ex-marine upon hearing the news made his way to ground zero. Thomas was on a mission to save lives.

The monumental task before him was to help rescue two police officer that were tracked under hundreds of floors of debris. Thomas risked his life as an American willing to give his life to save others.

After spending weeks working in the most unimaginable devastation, Thomas simply walked away knowing that he did what he should have as a former marine.

Rick Stevenson, current Wayne Township Trustee

Labels: